Veeam Backup & Replication 4.1 Software
1) Minimize vSphere disk risk with backup and replication: Veeam Backup & Replication combines backup and near-CDP-level replication in one interface to unify both data protection processes for IT with a synthetic backup process and consistent process wizards. Backup Benchmarks: A full backup of a VM running Windows Server 2003 averaged 189 MB per second and an incremental backup of the same VM averaged 245 MB per second on a VMware ESX 4.0 host.
2) Maximize backup performance with deduplication and compression: Data deduplication, compression, and recognition of thin provisioning lowered the footprint of a full backup of 8 VMs by a factor of 9 to 1.
3) Full support for ESX and ESXi without VCB: Veeam Backup & Replication can leverage the new vStorage API or VMware Consolidated Backup (VCB) when performing backup or replication, allowing SMB sites with or without shared storage to fully leverage ESXi, including the ability to replicate VMs to an ESXi host.
4) Full support for VMware vSphere Changed-Block Tracking and thin provisioning: Veeam Backup & Replication dramatically increases full and incremental backup speed, as well as reduces storage requirements.
5) Higher RPO support via Virtual CDP with replication: Via support for synthetic backup, Veeam Backup & Recovery can leverage inline data deduplication and compression to support very narrow backup windows, which provides for near continuous data protection (CDP) with replication.
6) Ensure transaction consistency at VM and application levels: Veeam Backup & Recovery employs VMware snapshots to ensure VM transaction consistency and Volume Shadow Services (VSS) for VSS-aware Windows applications such as Active Directory, SQL Server, and Exchange.